Jason O’Sullivan, B.A., LL.B., Cert. Compliance is a Co-Founder and Managing Partner at Atlantic Public Affairs.
He is also the Principal at J.O.S Solicitors, a strategic partner of Atlantic Public Affairs.
After being a finalist in 2017, Jason received the 2018 Irish Law Award for Connacht/Ulster Sole Practitioner/Sole Principal of the Year. In 2018, he was also finalist in the following categories:
- Munster & Connacht/Ulster Employment Law Firm/Lawyer of the Year
- Connacht/Ulster Solicitor of the Year
- Excellence in Marketing & Communications
- Law Firm Innovation Award
After qualifying as a solicitor in Ireland in 2007, Jason practised for a number of years as an Associate Solicitor, specialising in Employment Law, Company Law, Commercial and Civil Litigation.
Combining his skill and passion for law and politics, he then paved out a successful career in Public Affairs, before opening up his own law practice J.O.S Solicitors and subsequently co-founding Atlantic Public Affairs. During his time in Public Affairs, he has worked both in the corporate and the not-for-profit sector, gaining unique experience and knowledge of these diverse environments from the legal, regulatory and policy perspectives. He has also gained exceptional experience and insight into the strategic areas of Employee Engagement and Crisis Management, which complimented his legal knowledge and acumen.
Jason is also a qualified Solicitor in England and Wales, since 2010 and is an accredited Mediator of the Mediators Institute of Ireland (MII).
Throughout his career, Jason identified the need to offer clients a more customised service offering and specialised legal focus, delivered in a more personable and pragmatic fashion. It was these motivating factors, which led to the establishment of his specialist law firm and now Atlantic Public Affairs and it is on these values, that both firms achieve their results.
- Holds a primary Bachelor Degree in Law, Sociology and Politics from the National University of Ireland, Galway (N.U.I.G)
- Holds a postgraduate Degree in Law (L.L.B), from NUIG
- Studied law at the prestigious University of Southern Maine Law School, USA and at the Katholieke University, Leuven, Belgium
- Accredited Mediator in Dispute Resolution, from the MII.
- Holds a Professional Certificate in Compliance from the Institute of Banking and University College Dublin (UCD)
- Diploma in Marketing Communications.
- Law Society of Ireland
- Law Society of England & Wales
- Mediators Institute of Ireland (MII)
- Association of Compliance Officers in Ireland (ACOI)
- Legal Counsel with Junior Chamber of Commerce International Galway.
Jason also regularly contributes to media interviews and debates on various legal and policy topics. He has had numerous articles and opinion pieces published in the national and regional press, and in particular with The Irish Independent and The Journal.ie. He has also been made appearances on national TV and in particular RTE’s News One, Six One News and RTE’s Campaign Daily, including guest appearances on various national and regional radio shows, such as RTE’s Morning Ireland and Newstalk.